Currently underway is the construction the 1.4-mile segment between Pine Street and Upton Road in Central Point. Once completed, Greenway users will enjoy nearly 20 miles of uninterrupted trail following the Bear Creek corridor. A federal Transportation Enhancements (TE) grant through the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has been obtained by Jackson County to complete the 1.4 mile section and close the gap in the existing trail system. $190,000 (approximately 10%) were raised by local community efforts in order to receive the remaining funds for the $1.7 million project.
Accomplishments in the Last 5 Years
- Funds were raised to complete the Pine to Upton Project: 1.4 mile
- The Blue Heron/Suncrest Road section was completed.
- The Blue Heron to Barnett section was completed along with the south interchange.
- The Jefferson Nature Center opened in July 2008.
- The Jean Marie Chinn memorial shelter was completed in August 2010.
- The Barnett bridge and ramp were completed in Sept. of 2010.
- The Upton Road section was completed in Nov. 2010.
- New rest rooms in Medford, Phoenix, Talent and Ashland.
- The connection between the trail and the City of Talent is much improved by the new vehicle bridge.